The Visual Arts Committee is dedicated to enlightening the imagination of the citizens and to enriching the spirit of the City through public art and related community programs. The Visual Arts Committee consists of seven members, each serving a four year term.
- advises the City Council on the selection of art and artists for City-funded public art acquisitions;
- recommends the use and programs supported by the City's one percent and annual Capital Improvement Program allocation for art;
- advocates and develops programs for community involvement, information and education in public art;
- sponsors art exhibits and shows; develops programs to expand art activities, events and exhibits in the City;
- develops written policies and procedures relative to its responsibilities;
- establishes guidelines for public art; and
- works with other local and regional arts organizations to facilitate public art in the region.
Click here for the City's current Public Art map
City Documents and Archives
The Committee meets on the second Wednesday of each month at 6:00 p.m.
Atrium Conference Room, City Hall
500 Castro Street
A member of the Community Development Department is staff liaison to the Committee.